Walk Up is a fun little app to count your daily steps and compare that distance against a selected list of world’s mountains, allowing you to virtually summit them as if you were walking straight up into the sky. It’s time to Walk Up!
- List of 234 mountains from the beloved Mount Couch to the majestic Mount Everest, carefully chosen to motivate you to walk more every day.
- No start/stop required. The app tracks the entire day’s step data and resets at the beginning of next day.
- Single tap the main page to see walking distance and mountain heights.
- Swipe horizontally to see the current and highest status pages.
- All the available complications are supported. Modular Large and Graphic Rectangular complications provide the status data, whereas the others act as launch icons.
- No sign-in or account needed to use the app.
- There are no ads or unnecessary pop ups.
- We respect your privacy. The app does not send us any form of information.
By default, the main page shows the following information
Next mountain Your distance to the next mountain Previous mountain
Single tap on the main page shows you the following alternate view
Height of the next mountain Distance covered on the day so far Height of the previous mountain
These pages provide the following information with regards to the current/highest mountains crossed. Current scene shows today’s status whereas highest scene shows your highest achievement till date.
Position number of the mountain in the app's list Name of the mountain Summit count (🚩) Location of the mountain (📍)
- In order for the app to work, your device should support as well as permit access to motion data.
- The app neither tracks elevation nor is intended for climbing exercises or activities.
- The app uses a conservative formula to convert the step count provided by Apple Watch into feet unit and there can be disparities between actual and calculated distances.
- Complication updates are not live when the app is not active, and can take at least 15 minutes between each refresh.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please use the Contact Us form on this website to get in touch with us.
If you find this app useful, kindly let others know about it and also rate it on the App Store. Your support is essential for the continued development of this app. Thank you!